Read More Stories of Success
- Goliath Lucas, Job Training for Achievers
- Dario Torres, Job Training for Achievers
- Daquan Blount, Job Training for Achievers
- Amor Maalem, Innovative Education
- Ms. Tay, Returning Home
- Mrs. Jirinzu, Returning Home
- Balance Family, Returning Home
- Ms. Cotto, Ending Homelessness
- Ms. Sanchez, Ending Homelessness
- Ms. Rosado, Ending Homelessness
Motivated to demonstrate the value of education to her kids, Monique White came to RBSCC determined to complete high school.
To achieve her goal, she spent 14 intensive weeks in the RBSCC adult education program preparing for the GED exam. The RBSCC instructor helped her gain the critical thinking skills to pass the exam and to succeed in a professional setting. Through a combination of supportive coaching and GED instruction, Monique passed the GED exam.
Since completing the GED her horizons have broadened. On a professional level, she can confidently apply for a larger pool of positions that require a GED. She’s set to begin training later this year as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Monique now utilizes the same lessons learned at RBSCC to teach her children Math and English. Monique said, “My experience [at RBSCC] is something I will never forget… You learn lessons that will last you a lifetime.”